Metflex manufacture O-Rings to your specification. O-Rings are simple to manufacture and relatively cheap, they are one of the simplest, most precise and most commonly used seal ever developed, this is due to its simple design of being able to be fitted into a groove between two parts, which when brought together and compressed creates the seal.
- Chemical compatibility.
- Temperature of the media.
- Seal operating pressure.
- Size of part.
- Cost, the choice of material can have major consequences on the price.
- Hardness of material required (durometer)
- Any lubrication requirement.
- Butadiene Rubber (BR)
- Butyl Rubber (IIR)
- Epichiorohydrin Rubber (ECH, ECO)
- Ethylene Propylene diene manomer (EPDM)
- Nitrile Rubber (NBR, HNBR)
- Silicone Rubber (MQ)
- Styrene butadiene rubber (SBR)
O-rings in situ maybe exposed to one or more elements including high/low temperatures, vibration , abrasion, chemical attack and due to these factors failures sometimes do occur, below are the most common causes of failure.
- Extreme temperature, material chosen not suitable to exposure to extreme temperatures either high or low. At very low temperatures material may become rigid and at high temperatures may burn or decompose.
- Chemical attack, some seals may crack if exposed to ozone gas even at low concentrations which may cause the seal to fail.
- Incorrect size, an ill-fitting seal which is too large or small may for example cause the rubber to extrude through the joint.
If you wish to discuss an O-ring requirement be it current or future please do make contact with us at Metflex for a no obligation discussion. Call 01254 884171 or Email Us